I am a single sahm to two amazing daughters, one with ADHD and the second with ADHD, Anxiety, ODD, Bipolar Disorder-NOS, suspected Asperger's and SPD. This blog is going to be about the joys, trials, comedies, and whatever else comes across our everyday path during our journey. I am not a dr, or professional in any way just a mom trying to navigate this complicated life with my daughter the best way possible. :)
Monday, August 26, 2013
summer + lots of change = ?? update
Well, it has been several months since my last post about my lil princess and ALOT has happened. First the changes we have made recently include moving into a new apartment, for the first time in 8 years, clear across town. This means new school, new neighborhood (completely different environment then before), new friends, new routine, new rules (we are now on 2 fl when b4 we were on 1st) etc. This at first took quite a toll on Jordan but she adapted and has handled everything like a little champ that I know she is! Now let me backup a little, the end of the school year last year was beyond frustrating and crossed lines I could not believe. This included Jordan's teacher grabbing her by her arm onb the last day and dragging her out of the classroom for talking while she was trying to start a movie. I went postal and complained to the principal who assured me it never happened (meanwhile over n hr ltr jordan is still crying her arm hurts), so i went over her head and reported it to the head honcho at the main school district building who in turn gave the principal an earful and the teacher was written up in her permenant file. so then we have the summer.. I wanted Jordan to work on her social skills more n in a different environment so over the summer I have had her enrolled in a nearby daycare in the schoolage group. Expectedly the first few weeks were rough as Jordan had to adjust, learn the rules n boundaries of her classroom n get to know the teachers. They also had to get a crash course in Jordan 101 lol. Once we all understoof each other and the basic do's and don't of everyday life with Jordan in regards to her dx's it has been pretty smooth sailing since. They have done several field trips (movie theatre numerous times, water sprinklers, Jelly Belly tour trip, park picnics etc.) and only once did we have an issu that was bad enough Jordan ended up getting suspended for 3 days. So then we come to the Fourth of July... somneone tell me why after two yrs of difficult lakefront fireworks trips I tried yet again? Knowing Jordan cannot handle crowds, the cold water, loud booms n bangs of the fireworks, or the crowds n chaos afterward? well I did and I swear someone had better hogtie me if I try it again lol. meltdowns n fits galore n never doing that again I surrender! Now onto the move like I said we moved into a new neighborhood which is 110% better then the last, much nicer neighbors and quieter, safer area altogether. Jordan has made a few friends around here particularly a little 5 yr old girl right next door. She is adorable I must say and her parents are pretty awesome haha. They own their house and have both grown up in this neighborhood so were great when it came to who is who n who not to associate with/ trouble etc but overall have been considerably understanding of Jordan's issues with initial understandable moments of hesitation. I like that when she is next door or even outside playing I do not have to be soo guarded as I had always have to be before. We have a nice little corner store like a block n a half away with cheap candy n snacks for the kids that Jordan has showed great responsibility and gone on her own. Well, next week we start a brand new school with all new people that have zero experience with Jordan. So I will be updating soon I am sure! lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment