Tuesday, December 4, 2012

organized chaos

Wow, so alot has happened over the last couple weeks since my last post. First, Thanksgiving threw Jordan for a spin with the change in routine and days off school but we survived and I'm pretty sure we can call it a success amidst a few minor meltdowns and setbacks. Secondly Jordan's Birthday was on the 27th of November and while I couldn't do a whole lot financially it turned out pretty amazing. Cooked her favorite meal, baked a cake, even some cupcakes, and had some close friends over which she was all too excited for (since it doesn't happen often). Again we had the occasional hiccup but we survived and she was one happy little birthday girl. With all this I think the school felt the most of the wrath of her major routine changes throughout all this and gave them a bit of a wakeup call as to what to expect in the future with holidays, changes etc. The good thing is going to be now that they saw how quickly she can go from well behaved to down and straight defiant and upset they can identify these triggers before they escalate too much. Now we have the blessed Christmas holiday approaching along with Chirstmas break, presents and again major change in routine for a while. How fun.. Oh and Jordan had her first appointment with her Psychological therapist over the weekend and boy was that an adventure! lesson learned to bring along her older sister from now on to sit with her in the waiting room while I speak to the therapist for a few minutes before Jordan goes in to do her thing. While Jordan has made a significant improvement social wise by twice last week initializing a conversation with a child she does now know, and introducing herself and I am extremely gratefull for that I can't forget the many many more things she needs work on. But progress is progress right? Let's see am I forgetting anything? OOOHhh! yes! The website/ facebook page I have in my links to the right --> A4cwsn is Amazing! If you haven't checked them out already DO IT!!! I had a couple concerns about my daughters' christmas this year and posted these concerns not directly asking for a handout but advice as to how I could give my girls a good christmas on a small budget this year and have had several very generous angels step up and are doing amazing things that will make this year probably the best one yet! I am so excited! 21 days to keep these secrets and the anticipation of beginning to recieve things and wrapping it all for christmas eve is drivin me bonkers! This has shown me that even in the worst of times when so many are struggling there are still some great people out there that are willing to help those who need it. So after quite the long post and I think what has been a good catchup on what has been going on I will leave you all with a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment