I am a single sahm to two amazing daughters, one with ADHD and the second with ADHD, Anxiety, ODD, Bipolar Disorder-NOS, suspected Asperger's and SPD. This blog is going to be about the joys, trials, comedies, and whatever else comes across our everyday path during our journey. I am not a dr, or professional in any way just a mom trying to navigate this complicated life with my daughter the best way possible. :)
Monday, February 18, 2013
Hopeful yet nervous :/
So.. after months of fighting, battles with Jordan's school, suspensions, and God only know how many therapy sessions here we are 18 hrs away from me doing her intake paperwork for Rogers outpatient Day treatment Over the last few days since I got the news she was accepted and will be starting soon I feel as if I have been through a roller coaster. At first there was extreme excitement and a glimpse of hope which is still there of course. Since if this pace had not accepted her I was pretty low on the options list and had tried pretty much everything that comes before inpatient or residential. Now after a couple more days and an appointment with Jordan's behavioral therapist I am getting more and more nervous for her. I have become so used to the multiple therapy sessions every week and even if it is slow progress, progress none the less the fact that all these will be suspended while she is attending Rogers has me nervous. I like being in control in some manner and handing over practically all control therapy wise over to this pace is realistically scary. Now, will I? of course because she has been through it before and they helped her tremendously but that doesn't mean that I can't be nervous right? Jordan is a well known "drama queen", and skilled manipulator for a girl her age so I honestly hope that she gives them/ they see her/ heck idk I hope she doesn't only show her good girl side and skate through the program not really showing them the problems she shows everyone else therefore not getting the help she REALLY needs. I think there is is, my biggest concern. Ok, then there is the never ending what if's such as what if she flips her lid? loses control? Tells them she wants to hurt herself (she does it strictly out of attn seeking), or sommething else that raises safety concerns? Will I be able to prevent her from being admitted? Should I? Oh lord my mid is running and I feel like I need a stiff drink asap! Except I don't drink.. well, time to try to get some things done today and think about something else haha <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment